Friday, February 23, 2007

Design Life Now!



The exhibition showed several aspects of contemporary design. Although I really enjoyed the exhibition, just felt like it wasn't as an effective exhibition in terms of the layout of the exhibition overall...since all of the pieces from product, fashion, architecture to comics and web design were kind of mixed together.It was hard to concentrate on one piece when there was such a different one beside.

I especially liked Christopher Douglas's KDDO(Knock-Down/Drag-Out) table
I think its just amazing you can build somthing that can hold weight with only three pieces of panels that are only three quarter inch thick. and the fact that it looks so elegant too. I guess im also amazed because Ihad a project of making a collapsible chair in my foundation year and found it so hard to make.
Anyways I also found a site "http://materialfurniture.com/#" which shows more of his designed furnitures (most of them are also collapsible)

1 comment:

kristen rego said...
This comment has been removed by the author.